Become a Certified Yoga Therapist
Bridging Yoga Philosophy & Neuroscience
Join us on a Journey of Holistic Healing: Discover the Synergy of Krishnamacharya Yoga, Neuroscience, Mental Health, Physical Health and Human Connection.
Join Us On The Journey
Become A Yoga Therapist: Transform Lives Together
Empower Your Future
Cultivate Growth and Success by Elevating Your Career Potential
University of Minnesota Lecture on Yoga Therapy
Next Training Begins January 2024
Embrace Flexibility and Global Reach
Here to Nurture and Encourage You Every Step of the Way
Enrich Your Skills with Our One-of-a-Kind Training Program
The Optimal State Lifestyle, Wellness, & Yoga Therapy Training is one of the first accredited training programs in the world that specializes in the area of embodied mental health and yoga therapy.
We bridge the ancient wisdom of the Krishnamacharya Tradition (Viniyoga) with Ayurveda, Anatomy, Kinesiology, Psychology & Neuroscience without losing the pure essence and positive qualities of either healing system.
Our program has a focus on the Mind and how changing your lifestyle can impact your mental and physical health. We also demonstrate how mental health impacts the nervous system, the endocrine system, the cardiovascular system, the digestive system and even the musculoskeletal system.
EXPLORE BECOMING A PART of The Optimal State Community
Four Free Ways to get to Know Us Better
An IAYT Accredited School + Yoga Alliance Registered School
Receive certificates of completion at each level of the training
Yoga Therapy Program
Experience the Transformative Power of Yoga Therapy with Optimal State
At Optimal State, we invite you to embark on a profound journey of self-discovery and healing through the transformative practice of Yoga Therapy. Our program is meticulously designed to integrate the ancient teachings from revered texts such as the Patanjali Yoga Sutra, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, and the Krishnamacharya tradition with cutting-edge insights from modern neuroscience, including the groundbreaking Polyvagal Theory by Dr. Steven Porges.
Key Program Highlights:
1. Expert Faculty: Benefit from the guidance of our accomplished and experienced faculty, who bring a wealth of knowledge and wisdom to every session.
2. Supportive Student-to-Teacher Ratio: Enjoy personalized attention and support with our low student-to-teacher ratio, ensuring that your unique needs and goals are addressed with care.
3. Personalized Learning Environment: Our program is tailored to your individual journey, allowing you to explore and deepen your practice at your own pace.
4. Nurturing Community: Join a vibrant and supportive community of like-minded individuals who share your passion for yoga, wellness, and personal growth.
5. Sacred Space for Growth: Immerse yourself in a tranquil and sacred environment that fosters growth, introspection, and self-empowerment.
6. Integrating Ancient Practices into Modern Life: Discover how to seamlessly integrate the timeless teachings of yoga into your modern lifestyle, fostering balance, resilience, and inner peace.
Unlock your full potential for healing, self-realization, and personal growth. Embrace a more joyous, balanced life as you embark on this transformative journey with us. Join Optimal State today and take the first step towards a healthier, happier you.
Who Benefits from Our Program?
Optimal State Yoga Therapy School attracts a diverse array of individuals seeking to elevate their expertise and make a profound impact in the realms of health and well-being. Our program caters to the following discerning professionals and passionate seekers:
At Optimal State Yoga Therapy School, we welcome individuals from diverse backgrounds, all driven by a shared passion for holistic wellness and personal growth. Our program is tailored to meet the unique needs and aspirations of each participant, ensuring a transformative educational experience that empowers you to excel personally and professionally.
Key Tenets of Our Philosophy:
1. Integrative Wellness: We seamlessly integrate diverse yoga traditions and healing modalities, creating a synergistic tapestry of knowledge and practice that fosters an integrative and compassionate environment for our students.
2. Lifelong Learning: We place paramount importance on the ethos of lifelong learning, ensuring that our students embark on a continuous journey of self-discovery and growth, both personally and professionally.
3. Supportive Community: Our vibrant community of like-minded individuals provides unwavering support, fostering deep connections and nurturing friendships that last a lifetime.
4. Transformational Outcomes: Through our comprehensive curriculum and personalized mentorship, we witness the remarkable transformation of our students. As they progress through our programs, they not only acquire invaluable skills but also undergo profound healing experiences that elevate their well-being.
Our ultimate aspiration is to guide our students toward their optimal state of health, happiness, and self-realization while simultaneously enhancing their professional growth. At Optimal State Yoga Therapy School, we take immense pride in witnessing our students embark on a healing transformation, forge lifelong bonds, and cultivate deep connections with their personal mentors. We are honored to be a part of their remarkable journey towards holistic wellness and personal fulfillment.
The Mission of Optimal State is “To Provide a Container for Exploring & Creating Deep Connection: Inside of Ourself, With Others & to Something Larger than Ourselves.” Our Core Values are: Inspiration-Communication-Belonging. We believe that a vocation should be a way that you can contribute to the world in a way that is bigger than you. We believe great things happen in a supportive community. We believe that you are here for a purpose and we want to help you uncover what you are here to do in the world!
The Optimal State Yoga Therapy Training is a comprehensive and transformative program designed to empower individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to become proficient Yoga Therapists. Rooted in the tradition and teachings of Śri T. Krishnamacharya, this program integrates elements of Yoga philosophy, Patañjali’s Yoga Sutras, Sankhya, Āyurvedic principles, and the human system’s holistic understanding. The primary goal is to equip yoga instructors, mental healthcare practitioners, and integrative medicine professionals with the tools to facilitate health, healing, and happiness within themselves and their clients.
Holistic Approach to the Human System:
The Optimal State Yoga Therapy approach is both holistic and specific, acknowledging the interconnectedness of a person’s body, breath, mind, behavior, and emotions. This multifaceted framework provides Yoga Therapists with a rich array of tools and techniques, allowing them to address individual needs and adapt therapeutic practices as those needs evolve over time. The experiential nature of yoga emphasizes that true understanding can only be attained through personal practice and application in daily life.
Self-Care and Balance:
To be an effective Yoga Therapist, self-care is paramount. One must first achieve balance in their personal life before imparting it to others. Understanding one’s own guna-s (qualities) and learning to manage them according to various factors such as life stages, seasons, and individual constitution is essential. The program emphasizes personal and professional balance as a foundational principle.
The Optimal State Yoga Therapy Training Program can be completed in 2-6 years and consists of 862 hours of rigorous learning, including:
- 628 hours of Live Online learning
- 30 hours (minimum) of supervised mentorship
- 50+ hours of asynchronous distance learning
- 150 hours of mentored practicum in your hometown
The program comprises several segments, each providing in-depth knowledge and practical skills:
- Yoga Foundations: This segment delves into yoga philosophy based on Patañjali’s Yoga Sutras, the nature of the mind, the forces of nature (guna-s), and the yogic framework for health and disease.
- Biomedical and Psychological Foundations: Covers anatomy and pathology related to mental health, common health conditions from an allopathic perspective, disease mechanisms, treatment options, psychological concepts, and mental health conditions.
- Teaching and Experiencing Therapeutic Skills: Focuses on establishing the teacher-student relationship, communication skills, teaching methods for group and individual classes, and adapting teaching for different learning styles.
- Yoga Therapy Tools and their Application: Covers the foundations of āsana, prānāyāma, dhyāna, and chanting. Also includes intake and assessment, goal-setting, providing instruction, and course planning.
- Professional Ethics and Practices: Addresses ethical considerations, personal integrity, therapist ethics, regulatory laws, professional development, and the value of community (sangha).
The Optimal State Yoga Therapy Training Program offers a profound journey of self-discovery and professional growth, equipping participants to make a meaningful impact on the well-being of individuals and communities. Detailed syllabi for each course provide comprehensive insights into the curriculum.
The Optimal State Essential Framework Online Training: Your Path to Holistic Mastery
Embark on a transformative journey with our Optimal State Essential Framework Online Training, a comprehensive program carefully curated to provide you with 93 hours of enriching curriculum. Rooted in the esteemed Tradition of T. Krishnamacharya and forged by the principles of The Optimal State, this course offers you a profound understanding of the foundations of yoga therapy.
Key Program Features:
Over the course of 12 months, our program unfolds, guiding you through 93 hours of engaging and enlightening online curriculum.
Every Wednesday from 9:00am to 11:00am (Pacific Standard Time), our sessions come to life on the Zoom platform, offering you an immersive learning experience.
9 Saturdays through out the year from 8:00am - 3:00pm PST
Step 1: Building Philosophical Foundations and Practical Skills
In Step 1 of our program, you will embark on a journey of self-discovery, applying the timeless teachings of yoga to your own life and health. Past students have attested to the profound impact of this foundational step, which empowers you with:
Competence as a Yoga Therapist: Through our teachings, you'll gain the essential skills and knowledge to feel confident in your role as a yoga therapist.
Self-awareness: You'll learn to identify the thoughts, feelings, and actions that influence your well-being, enabling you to maintain balance and address imbalances effectively.
Surrender to Life: You'll discover the art of letting go and allowing life to flow through you, fostering inner harmony and peace.
Optimal State Certified Level 1 Yoga Therapist
By the end of Step 1, you will have earned the title of an Optimal State Certified Level 1 Yoga Therapist, equipped with the knowledge, skills, and practical experience needed to thrive in this dynamic field. Join us on this transformative path today and embark on your own journey towards Optimal State, both personally and professionally.
Step 1: Mental Health 1 - Holistic Insights into Mental and Emotional Well-being
Mental Health 1 is an immersive 77-hour course, complemented by 23 hours of pre-homework, meticulously crafted to empower healthcare providers seeking to enrich their skill set with holistic yoga and yoga therapy expertise. It is equally valuable for yoga teachers and therapists keen on deepening their understanding of mental health therapies for their clients.
Comprehensive Coverage: We delve deeply into the intricate realms of mental health, exploring topics such as anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, insomnia, schizoaffective disorder, and life purpose. Our program takes a holistic approach, dissecting each condition from both Western biomedical and nervous system perspectives, while also offering profound insights from the vantage point of yoga philosophy and Ayurveda.
Holistic Perspectives: Participants will gain profound insights into mental health concerns, examining them through the lens of both yoga philosophy and Ayurveda. This multifaceted approach enhances the ability to provide comprehensive care.
By the culmination of Mental Health 1, you will possess a profound and holistic understanding of mental well-being. Whether you are a healthcare provider looking to expand your knowledge or a yoga professional seeking to elevate your client support in mental health, this program equips you with the expertise needed to make a significant impact. Join us on this transformative journey towards becoming a holistic mental health practitioner.
Step 2: Mental Health 2 - Advanced Case Studies in Yoga Therapy
Mental Health 2 is a dynamic 20-hour live online course that offers yoga teachers and therapists a unique opportunity to engage deeply with real-life case studies under the guidance of an expert in the field of yoga therapy. This specialized program unfolds over five months, with one-hour sessions each week, providing an immersive and comprehensive exploration of mental health case studies.
Key Program Features:
- Holistic Understanding: Participants will gain the ability to comprehensively analyze case studies from both yogic and Ayurvedic theoretical perspectives, offering a holistic lens through which to view each case.
- Effective Intake Process: Students will refine their skills in conducting appropriate intakes for yoga therapy sessions, ensuring a thorough understanding of their clients' needs.
- Assessment Expertise: The program empowers students to further hone their individualized assessment skills, grounded in the principles of yoga and Ayurveda, providing a tailored approach to client support.
- Therapeutic Planning: Participants will grasp the art of crafting therapeutic plans that seamlessly align with individualized assessments, optimizing the efficacy of their interventions.
By the culmination of Mental Health 2, you will emerge as a skilled practitioner with the expertise to approach a wide spectrum of mental health cases from a holistic perspective. Whether you are a yoga teacher seeking to deepen your knowledge or a seasoned therapist eager to refine your skills, this program equips you with the proficiency needed to provide exceptional support to clients navigating mental health challenges. Join us on this transformative journey toward becoming a masterful holistic mental health practitioner.
Step 3: Mental Health 3 - Advanced Holistic Mental Health and Wellbeing
Mental Health 3 is an intensive 88-hour online course, thoughtfully designed to empower healthcare providers with advanced holistic yoga and yoga therapy skills. It is also a valuable resource for yoga teachers and therapists who seek to deepen their expertise in mental health therapies, making it an essential addition to their professional toolkit.
- Comprehensive Curriculum: Our program encompasses a wide spectrum of mental health topics, including childhood trauma, PTSD, addiction, ADHD, Autism Spectrum, BPD, OCD and neurodiversity. We provide a thorough exploration of each condition, dissecting it from both Western biomedical and nervous system perspectives, while also offering profound insights from the perspectives of yoga philosophy and Ayurveda.
- Holistic Perspectives: Participants will gain an in-depth understanding of mental health concerns, examining them through the dual lenses of yoga philosophy and Ayurveda. This holistic approach enriches their capacity to provide comprehensive care.
- Biomedical and Nervous System Mastery: Our curriculum delves into the Western biomedical and nervous system components of each disease pathology, enabling a nuanced comprehension of the physiological aspects of mental health.
- Advanced Assessment Skills: Students will refine their skills in conducting intricate assessments of the mind and body, a critical competency in tailoring support to the unique needs of their clients.
- Tailored Therapeutic Planning: Participants will learn to craft sophisticated therapeutic plans that align precisely with individual assessments, ensuring clients receive the most effective, personalized care.
- Practical Application: Practical skills development remains a central focus. Students will have the opportunity to practice their assessment, plan writing, and teaching skills under the guidance of experienced faculty. Faculty evaluations and feedback will further enhance their abilities.
By the conclusion of Mental Health 3, you will possess an advanced and holistic mastery of mental well-being. Whether you are a healthcare provider eager to expand your skill set or a yoga professional seeking to elevate your support for clients in the realm of mental health, this program equips you with the expertise needed to make a profound and lasting impact. Join us in this transformative journey toward becoming a masterful holistic mental health practitioner. After Step 2 the trainee will be an Optimal State Level 2 Certified Yoga Therapist and be able to practice effectively with individuals and groups.
Physical Health Series: Comprehensive Musculoskeletal Assessment and Yoga Therapy
This intensive 9-day online course is tailor-made for yoga teachers, yoga therapists, and mental and physical healthcare providers aiming to enrich their professional toolkit with holistic yoga and musculoskeletal assessment and therapeutic planning skills. Designed as an immersive learning experience, the course spans nine full days, with a well-deserved break day on Wednesday. Each day is packed with immersive content, punctuated by scheduled breaks to ensure maximum absorption of knowledge.
Neck & Shoulder Assessment & Therapeutic Practice
Neck & Shoulder Assessment
Neck Practice Physical Health Module
Shoulder Practices & Therapeutic Treatment Planning
Elbows/ Wrists Assessment & Practices
Assessment Hands, Elbows & Wrists
Arms and Hands Therapeutic Treatment Planning
Spinal Assessment & Practices
Assessment of the Entire Spine, Low Back and Neck
Bulging Disk in Low Back and SI Joint Practices
Scoliosis C-Cure in the Low Back
Kyphosis in Upper Back
Upper Back Scoliosis Therapeutic Treatment Planning
Hips/Knees/Feet Assessment & Practices
Legs & Hips Assessment
Hip Practice & Gait Improvement
- Holistic Assessment: Participants will learn how to assess the physical body through the lens of yoga and Ayurveda, allowing for a comprehensive understanding of their clients' needs.
- Therapeutic Planning: You will gain expertise in crafting therapeutic yoga class plans that align with individual assessments, facilitating the healing process from the inside out.
- Goal Setting: The course empowers you to set both short- and long-term goals for yoga practice and Ayurveda, enabling you to document progress over time for the best results.
- Chronic Pain Management: Learn how to care for clients experiencing chronic pain and various musculoskeletal issues, equipping you with essential skills to provide effective support.
- Holistic Perspective: Understand musculoskeletal concerns from both yogic and Ayurvedic perspectives, enriching your capacity to provide comprehensive care.
- Effective Assessment: Learn to assess clients comprehensively, offering tailored support grounded in yoga and Ayurveda.
- Strategic Planning: Develop the ability to craft therapeutic plans that align with individualized assessments, facilitating optimal healing. The Optimal State System is called OSNR, which stands for Optimal State Neuromuscular Reprogramming.
- Practical Skills Development: Practice your assessment, plan writing, and teaching skills under the guidance of experienced faculty who will evaluate your progress and provide valuable feedback.
The Physical Health Series equips you with the knowledge and skills needed to become a proficient holistic musculoskeletal practitioner. Whether you're a healthcare provider aiming to expand your skill set or a yoga therapist seeking to elevate your support for clients, this program is your gateway to excellence in musculoskeletal assessment and holistic therapy. Join us in this transformative journey towards becoming a masterful practitioner in the realm of physical health and healing.
Physical Health & Yoga Therapy Case Studies: Deepening Your Understanding in Yoga Therapy
This enriching 20-hour live online training program is specially designed for yoga teachers and yoga therapists seeking to explore case studies under the expert guidance of a seasoned professional in the field of yoga therapy. The program unfolds over the span of five months, with weekly one-hour sessions on Friday mornings, providing a profound and comprehensive examination of physical health case studies.
- Course Structure: The program combines live online sessions, each lasting one hour, with a rich array of case studies. This comprehensive approach ensures a deep understanding of each case.
- Duration: The program extends over five months, allowing ample time for the in-depth exploration of each case study.
- Diverse Case Studies: Each week, we delve into a new and distinct case study, accompanied by an intake form, a detailed description of the case involving a physical health issue, relevant biomedical information, and the intersection of yogic and Ayurvedic theories. Furthermore, we provide an insightful outline of the therapeutic plan prescribed to the client.
- Comprehensive Topics: Our case studies span a wide spectrum, covering musculoskeletal and systemic issues, as well as the management of chronic pain. This diverse selection empowers participants to gain a nuanced understanding of various mental health concerns and the corresponding yoga therapy approaches.
- Holistic Perspective: Develop the ability to understand case studies from the perspectives of yogic and Ayurvedic theories, enriching your capacity to provide holistic care.
- Effective Intake Process: Hone your skills in conducting appropriate intakes for yoga therapy sessions, ensuring a thorough understanding of your clients' needs.
- Assessment Expertise: Refine your individualized assessment skills based on yoga and Ayurveda theories, allowing for tailored support.
- Strategic Planning: Learn how to craft therapeutic plans that seamlessly align with individual assessments, facilitating optimal outcomes for your clients.
The Physical Health Case Studies program equips you with the knowledge and skills needed to become a proficient practitioner in yoga therapy, with a strong focus on physical health. Whether you're a yoga teacher looking to deepen your expertise or a yoga therapist seeking to elevate your support for clients with physical health concerns, this program offers a transformative journey towards mastery in physical health and holistic therapy. Join us for this opportunity to enhance your proficiency and make a meaningful impact on the well-being of your clients.
Physical Health 3: Comprehensive Systemic Assessment and Holistic Therapeutic Planning
This transformative 9-day online course is designed for healthcare providers seeking to enhance their expertise in holistic yoga therapy, with a focus on assessment and therapeutic planning for balance and wellbeing of the major vital body systems. This course offers a deep dive into the cardiovascular, digestive, immune, nervous, and endocrine systems. It's a unique opportunity to gain insight into the yogic and Ayurvedic perspectives on systemic health, equipping you with the skills to conduct assessments and craft highly targeted therapeutic plans.
- Course Format: This immersive program combines 9-days of live online sessions, with pre-recorded asynchronous videos and pre-course homework. This comprehensive approach ensures you receive the most in-depth knowledge and skills.
- Systemic Assessment: Dive deep into the assessment of vital body systems, including the cardiovascular, digestive, immune, nervous, and endocrine systems, guided by yogic and Ayurvedic perspectives.
- Targeted Therapeutic Plans: Learn to create precise therapeutic plans that align with your assessment findings, allowing for individualized and effective support.
- Chronic Pain Management: Gain the skills to care for clients experiencing chronic pain and a range of systemic issues, providing them with valuable support on their healing journey.
- Holistic Perspective: Develop a comprehensive understanding of systemic health concerns and chronic pain from the perspectives of yogic, Ayurvedic, and Western kinesiology approaches.
- Effective Assessment: Learn to conduct thorough assessments for systemic health concerns, grounding your approach in the Optimal State System.
- Strategic Planning: Master the art of crafting therapeutic plans that precisely correspond to individual assessments, ensuring optimal outcomes.
- Practical Skills Development: Hone your assessment, plan-writing, and teaching skills through hands-on practice sessions. Faculty members will provide valuable feedback and evaluation to help you refine your abilities.
Physical Health 3 empowers you with the knowledge and skills needed to become a proficient holistic systemic assessment and therapeutic planning practitioner. Whether you're a healthcare provider seeking to expand your skill set or a yoga therapist looking to elevate your support for clients with systemic issues, this program offers a transformative journey towards mastery in systemic health and holistic therapy. Join us for this exclusive annual opportunity to enhance your expertise.
Transform Your Business with Our Professional Business Development Masterclass
We're committed to helping yoga teachers and yoga therapists embrace a yogic lifestyle while serving humanity. Our aim is to foster a lifestyle that consciously protects Mother Earth while aligning with our core values. Creating a sustainable business in a socially conscious environment is our top priority.
Are you ready to breathe new life into your yoga and yoga therapy business? Clients are drawn to your authenticity, your essence, and your unique gifts. All you need is to identify your ideal clients and learn how to reach them effectively. We're here to help you uncover your brilliance and make it shine brightly in your business. If most of the questions below resonate with you, our masterclass is the perfect fit:
-Is your new online business in need of a powerful boost?
-Do you want your business to have a local touch while serving a global audience?
-Do you know your unique gifts and who can benefit from them?
-Do you need assistance defining your 1-3 niche areas of expertise?
-Are you ready to step confidently into limitless possibilities with your online business?
-Do you understand how to create successful products that showcase your skills and personality?
-Do you want to gain more online traction and attract attention to your products and services?
-Are you interested in learning effective strategies for marketing your online offerings?
-Are you prepared to take the leap, invest in yourself, and launch a sustainable online business?
-Do you relish the idea of hitting the reset button and designing the life of your dreams?
-Feeling overwhelmed? Do you desire a step-by-step process to guide you through it?
We Make Business Growth Effortless for You
12-Month Journey: Take your time to absorb and apply each assignment to your business, with a comfortable 12-month pace. Dedicate 4-5 hours a week to participation, whether in mini-sessions or a single sitting.
Self-Paced Learning: Our weekly lessons, videos, and assignments are designed for self-pacing. You choose the day and time that suits your schedule best.
Step-by-Step Guidance: Build your online business alongside a supportive community of like-minded students, with mentors by your side.
Meet Your Instructor: Taught by Amy Wheeler, Ph.D., a seasoned expert in creating sustainable online yoga businesses. She has successfully paved the path for herself and is eager to guide you.
Financial Flexibility: We offer payment plans for students who prefer careful financial planning.
Affordable Learning: We've kept this 6-month course affordable for health and healing professionals, and we're confident you'll agree once you see what we have in store for you.
Amy's Expertise: Drawing from over 25 years of experience, extensive university studies, trips to India, and online teaching experience, Amy has curated a magical program just for you.
Global Reach: The masterclass is designed to welcome participants from around the world to join us for LIVE Q&A sessions.
Supportive Community and Resources:
Accountability Partner & Small Groups: Find an accountability partner and small group within the Optimal State Family to act as a sounding board for your progress and ideas. We'll assist you in this endeavor!
Private Facebook Group: Stay connected and share ideas within our private Facebook Group. Amy will regularly share inspirational posts and provide tools and tips for all our students.
What’s App Group: Our active What’s App group is always available to support your studies and facilitate idea sharing.
Personal and Professional Transformation:
- You may come for business development, but you'll find incredible personal and professional growth along the way.
- Once you're a member of the Optimal State Family, you'll always be a part of our community. We value long-term relationships.
- This course is a limited-time opportunity, offered only once this year!
Q&A Sessions: Join us on Monday mornings from 10:00am to 11:00am PST. Can't make it live? Watch the recordings at your own pace.
Elevate your business and your life with the Optimal State Professional Business Development Course. Whether you're a yoga teacher, therapist, or aspiring entrepreneur, this transformative journey will equip you with the skills and strategies needed to thrive in the professional world. Don't miss your chance; this course is only offered once this year!
Optimal State Yoga Nidra Facilitators Course: Empower. Transform.
Discover the profound practice of Yoga Nidra and embark on a transformative journey with our comprehensive 6-month training program. This course is designed to empower individuals with knowledge, skills, and certification, allowing them to become certified Optimal State Yoga Nidra Facilitators.
Our program seamlessly blends ancient wisdom with modern techniques, providing participants with the tools to guide others through the powerful practice of Yoga Nidra. This practice fosters physical, mental, and emotional well-being through deep relaxation, guided meditation, and self-inquiry.
In-Depth Exploration: Delve into the principles, philosophy, and science of Yoga Nidra, gaining a profound understanding of this transformative practice.
Skill Mastery: Master techniques for deep relaxation, guided meditation, and self-inquiry, honing your ability to facilitate impactful Yoga Nidra sessions.
Voice Modulation: Develop effective voice modulation and guided visualization skills, enhancing your capacity to guide others on their inner journey.
Script Creation: Learn to create personalized Yoga Nidra scripts tailored to different purposes, ensuring a customized experience for your clients.
Integration: Discover how to seamlessly integrate Yoga Nidra into your yoga classes, therapy sessions, and wellness coaching, expanding your offerings as a holistic practitioner.
Community: Join a supportive community of like-minded individuals and experienced facilitators, fostering a network of support and shared knowledge.
Mentoring: Benefit from 1:1 mentoring and bi-monthly meetings, providing personalized guidance and support throughout your journey.
Yoga Neuroscience Topics Covered:
Nervous and Endocrine System and Relationship to Stress
Homunculus Body Map
Managing Sleep, Anxiety, Depression, Grief
Exploration of the 8 Limbs of Yoga, with special attention to the 5th limb – Pratyahara
Duration: The program spans 6 months, with 2 weekends in October and March
Bi-Monthly Meetings: Enjoy 4 months of bi-monthly meetings in between the two intensive weekends, ensuring ongoing support and learning.
Personalized Mentorship: Benefit from 1:1 mentoring to refine your facilitation skills.
Flexible Start: You can choose to begin your journey in either October or March
The Optimal State Yoga Nidra Facilitators Course empowers you to guide others on a profound journey of self-discovery and relaxation. Whether you're a yoga teacher, therapist, or wellness coach, this program equips you with the expertise to facilitate this powerful practice, enhancing the well-being of your clients. Join us on this transformative journey towards becoming a certified Yoga Nidra Facilitator and making a lasting impact on the lives of others.
In this pivotal phase of your journey, we offer you the opportunity to put your knowledge into practice and shape your path as a yoga therapist. Our practicum studies encompass a comprehensive approach that sets you on the path to success from year one.
Functional Yoga Therapy Groups: Year 1
We begin with Functional Yoga Therapy Groups, setting the foundation for your practical experience.
Yoga Therapy for Functional Groups:
Each participant undergoes an individual intake session at the outset. This initial step helps us:
-Identify individual issues to modify for within the functional groups
-Establish a strong and personalized connection with each person
We structure an 8-12 week "series" for the functional group, allowing them to:
-Progress together in their healing journey
-Cultivate a sense of community (sangha), which in itself is a therapeutic intervention
-Follow a step-by-step progression plan together, ensuring a comprehensive approach
Small Group Case Studies:
As you advance, you'll engage in small group case studies, where each week brings a new case study challenge. These studies include:
-Intake forms for each case.
-A detailed description of the case, focusing on physical health issues.
-Biomedical information relevant to the case.
-Yogic and Ayurvedic theories applicable to the case.
-An outline of the therapeutic plan provided to the client.
-Thoughtful discussions on the theoretical aspects of each case study.
Building Your Own Business:
When you're ready to start building your own yoga therapy practice with your practicum clients, we offer a 12-month professional business development course. This course equips you with the tools and strategies needed to:
-Conduct ethical business practices.
Your journey towards a financially sustainable future begins in year one of the program, empowering you to thrive as a yoga therapist and business owner.
This segment includes 150 hours of supervised practicum, allowing you to build your client base and business in your home location. Your experience will encompass:
-One-on-one work with yoga therapy clients, with guidance from your Optimal State Yoga Therapist
-Small group yoga therapy sessions, with your Optimal State Yoga Therapist as the main teacher
-Mentoring sessions totaling 30 hours
-Documentation of your yoga therapy practice, helping you refine your skills
During your practicum, you will:
-Conduct full assessments of clients
-Write up and teach individualized practices
-Follow up with clients to monitor progress
-Engage in self-analysis and session observation to enhance your proficiency
This phase of your training is a dynamic opportunity to apply your knowledge, develop your skills, and lay the foundation for a thriving yoga therapy practice. As you work with clients, mentorship, and documentation, you'll be well-prepared to make a meaningful impact on the well-being of others.
Optimal State 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training: Your Path to Empowerment
Are you ready to embark on a transformative journey that deepens your understanding of yoga and equips you with the skills to inspire and guide others on their yogic path? Join our 200-hour Online Yoga Teacher Training program and discover a world of possibilities.
What Sets Our 200-Hour Teacher Training Apart:
Designed for long-distance learners, our program offers online classes conducted on the Zoom platform, making it accessible from anywhere in the world.
Our training program offers exceptional value, costing approximately $18 per hour of instruction.
We understand financial considerations, which is why we offer a payment plan to accommodate your needs.
Immerse yourself in the rich tradition of T. Krishnamacharya and the Optimal State models, blending ancient wisdom with modern understanding.
Access a user-friendly online Kajabi Learning Management System for homework submissions and grades, ensuring a seamless learning experience.
Experience a curriculum that flows seamlessly from one module to the next, creating a comprehensive and integrated educational journey.
Build connections with fellow students and experienced faculty, forming a supportive sangha to guide you on your path.
Learn from high-quality teachers with decades of experience in both Yoga and Yoga Therapy, gaining insights from seasoned practitioners.
Our training encompasses traditional Yoga Philosophy Models, Integrative Medicine, and Ayurveda, offering a holistic perspective.
We respect your home life and family commitments, ensuring our program fits into your daily routine.
Engage in daily yoga, breathing, or meditation practices as part of your transformative journey.
The asynchronous portion of the program can be completed in as early as 3 months, followed by 50 hours of live Q&A sessions.
Continuing Education Credits (CEs):
Yes, this program qualifies for Continuing Education Credits, allowing you to enhance your credentials and deepen your knowledge.
Upon completion, you will receive a certificate of completion that qualifies you for Yoga Alliance Registration.
The Ideal Candidate:
- We are seeking heart-centered individuals with integrity as the core of their being.
- Empathy, active listening skills, and the ability to create a safe and nurturing environment for clients are of utmost importance.
- No need to memorize Sanskrit or chant mantras; we value diversity and welcome students from all backgrounds.
- We embrace diversity in all its forms, including gender identities, races, ethnicities, ages, socioeconomic status, and worldviews, enriching the learning experience for all.
Next Cohort Begins January 2024
2024 Cohort Dates:
Essential Framework: January 10 - December 18
Mental Health 1: January 17 - 26, 2025 (Jan 22 off)
Mental Health 2: February 7 - June 27, 2025
Mental Health 3: July 11 - 20, 2025 (July 16 off)
Physical Health 1: September 12 - 21, 2025 (Sept 17 off)
Physical Health 2: October 17, 2025 - March 13, 2026
Physical Health 3: April 10 - 19, 2026 (April 15 off)
Monday's: May 12, 2025 - April 20, 2026
October weekend: October 11 - 13, 2024
Bi-Monthly Meetings: November 7, 2024 - October 8, 2025
March weekend: March 21 - 23, 2025
200-hr Bridge Program Q&A: October 7, 2024 - September 22, 2025
Amy Wheeler, Ph.D. has been a Lifestyle Wellness Practitioner and Yoga Therapist for individuals and groups for over two decades. Amy started her journey as a Hospital Wellness Director in the Chicago area in 1993. She continued on to teach health and wellness at California State University as a Professor of Kinesiology for 25 years and recently retired. She has been the President of the Board for the International Association of Yoga Therapists from 2018-2020. Currently Amy is Founder and Director of the Optimal State Yoga Therapy School, where she trains Yoga Therapists globally.
Becky was introduced to yoga in 2000 while completing her Master’s in Counseling and Depth Psychology at Pacifica Graduate Institute where she became interested in how the tools of yoga could be helpful in mental health. In 2004 she began studying in the tradition of T. Krishnamacharya, and received her certification in this tradition as a yoga teacher and yoga therapist (1,000 hour program). She also received an advanced teacher training to support work with those with a cancer diagnosis. She holds a license from the State of Louisiana as a Professional Counselor (LPC), and also is a certified yoga therapist with IAYT (C-IAYT). Becky has had a private therapy practice since 2007 with her primary focus being wellness for those with mental health issues. For several years she co-taught a “Yoga for Cancer” class at Ochsner Medical Clinic. Additionally, since 2013 she has been under contract teaching yoga to Veterans with a mental health diagnosis. You can find out more at www.beckydeano.com.
A life-long practitioner and dedicated teacher, Colleen Carroll is devoted to assisting others in bringing a yoga perspective to all aspects of daily living. In 2009, Colleen founded the Thrive Yoga Therapy Clinic at the Kaiser Permanente Center for Healthy Living in Woodland Hills. On the strength of an intensive yoga therapy pilot study for movement disorders at Kaiser Permanente Woodland Hills, KP now offers yoga therapy for members with Parkinson’s. Colleen is also a guest lecturer and lifestyle educator for UCLA/MPTV wellness series, the Center for Aging, Research & Education and the NeuroCommunity Foundation, introducing yoga philosophy and practice at their annual symposia for PD, MS and CVA. You can find out more at www.colleencarrollyoga.com.
Laura is a Clinical Neuropsychologist, Cognitive Neuroscientist, and Yoga Therapist. Her work over the past decade has largely been motivated by her interest in combining her clinical and academic training with her passion for yoga. Her vocational trajectory took a turn, largely influenced by the experience of assisting her mother in her journey of dying from cancer, and by how her own yoga practice helped her through that process. After two decades in academia, Laura decided to devote herself to further clinical training in yoga therapy, with a particular interest in assisting individuals as they navigate major life transitions. In her work with clients, privately and on retreats, her purpose is to empower individuals to take an active part in their healing journey, and find renewed purpose in their lives, through specifically targeted yoga practices. Her work is informed by both a yoga therapy and neuroscience framework, and always aimed at assisting individuals to create the life full of meaning and purpose they want to experience.
Just as our bodies can be a great source of discomfort so can they be a great source of wisdom and ease. Guiding individuals into becoming embodied and discovering that everything is sensation when we truly listen in. Helping you to build this interception and inner knowing is my passion! As well being a C-IAYT, Laurie earned her iRest Yoga Nidra facilitator certification from the Integrative Restoration Institute in 2017. iRest Meditation is foundational to her practice of yoga therapy and daily life. Laurie serves as a City Leader for the non-profit organization Sidewalk Talk, and is a member of the Beach Cities Health District Student Mental Health Task Force. Laurie also raised two children, now young adults with the practice of Non- Violent Communication and is well versed in Jackal and Giraffe language. Find out more at www.mindfulyogatherapy.net
Lorelei blends over 30 years in western medicine as an Occupational Therapist with 15+ years of complementary studies, including certification in Yoga Therapy with IAYT. Lorelei has brought this holistic view of wellness to a variety of settings, including: private practice, pediatrics, home health, rehab, psych, and skilled nursing. She is a national speaker on various topics from an integrative perspective (blending western medicine with research-based complementary techniques) and has written several accompanying handbooks. Additionally, Lorelei is a Fieldwork Educator for Occupational Therapy students, and has been on faculty with Optimal State Yoga Therapy School since its inception. She persists in her studies and teaching, with emphasis on neurobiology and mental health. She enjoys exploring novel methods of empowering young adolescents to flourish in daily life. Lorelei is the mother of 2 adult children and an avid water-woman. She currently provides private therapeutic services. Find out more at
Melanie has been a student of yoga since the mid 90s. Since 2009, she has traveled annually to Chennai, India to study with her teachers at the Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram (KYM). It is here where she completed the International 500 hr Yoga Teacher Training Program, Vedic Chanting Teacher Training program and is currently participating in the Yoga Therapy Teacher Training program. Melanie is also a certified Pilates Instructor and lives in Punta de Mita Mexico where she teaches private yoga and Pilates classes. Find out more here
Melaney thrives on collaboration and works as a team with her students and, when appropriate, with their psychotherapists. Her approach is informed by her training in Somatic Experiencing Technique - a psychotherapeutic method for healing trauma – through Dr. Peter Levine’s Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute. Melaney works in private practice and in health care institutions with patients dealing with anxiety/ depression, trauma, addiction, structural problems, and symptoms related to chronic disease. Melaney has also taught trauma healing methods to teachers in low-income schools. You can find out more at www.seacatyoga.com
Priya Verma is a Certified Professional Yoga Therapist and a Physician Assistant for over 20 years integrating Yoga Therapy with Orthopedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, Asthma, Immunology, Allergy Medicine, Integrative Medicine and Interventional Radiology. Priya grew up with yoga as a South Asian studying from her father, a yoga teacher of Dhirendra Brahmachari. She has extensive trainings in the lineages of Ashtanga, Iyengar, Integral, Thai, and Viniyoga. Through Amy Wheeler, Optimal State of Living, she has completed her post C-IAYT Therapeutic Yoga and Ayurveda Certifications in Mental Health in the lineage of Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar. She opened her dedicated
private yoga therapy practice, Sandalwood Yoga, in 2017 as an authentic source for trauma-informed therapeutic applications of Yoga, Ayurveda and Self-care. She lectures globally in integrating the indigenous wisdom practices of yoga and Ayurveda. She is an active member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT) and Board member of the Southern Yoga Therapy Association. She is actively engaged in a DEI steering committee for IAYT and other stake holders. You can learn more about her at sandalwoodyoga.com. Priya can be reached at email@example.com or by phone 404-593-5446.
Anjali is an Ayurvedic Practitioner, yoga teacher and director at Hope Integrative Psychiatry. She was fortunate to have been introduced to these modalities at a young age from her father, Arun Deva. Since that time, she has received training through Kerala Ayurveda Academy, Loyola Marymount’s Yoga and the Healing Sciences Program, and with influential teachers like Ashwin Sastry, Devi Mueller, Claudia Welch and Robert Svoboda, both here in the United States as well as in India. Her passion began in the kitchen with a desire to understand how the food we eat influences our bodies and minds. This passion has now grown to include helping people find their inner wisdom, clarity and health through the wisdom of Ayurveda, a traditional medicine system. Through self-care practices like dietary and lifestyle changes, yoga and meditation, she hopes to help people find their inner harmony and resilience. You can find out more at www.rootedrasa.com
In our Yoga Therapy program, personal mentoring with your primary teacher plays a central role in your growth and development. This mentorship extends beyond the boundaries of the curriculum and into the heart of your daily practice. Here's how it works:
Guiding Your Practice:
- Your primary teacher becomes your trusted guide on your yoga journey. They offer ongoing guidance for your daily practice, recognizing that each of us carries unique personal histories and preferences that have shaped our habits.
- On every level - physical, mental, and emotional - we are patterned. Without external guidance, we may inadvertently reinforce existing patterns. Your primary teacher serves as a reliable reference point, helping you identify detrimental patterns and cultivate positive ones.
- The mentorship relationship is not about surrendering your power; it's about recognizing the value of guidance. Humility plays a role in acknowledging that none of us knows everything, and wisdom lies in seeking help when needed.
- Building trust and mutual respect between you and your primary teacher is key. This foundation allows for a deeper connection and more effective guidance.
Certification Requirement and Beyond:
- To earn certification, you'll engage in a minimum of 30 hours of mentoring with your primary teacher. However, our hope is that this relationship will flourish and extend far beyond this requirement.
- Your primary teacher also fulfills other vital responsibilities, including:
- Assisting in the integration of module content by answering questions and helping with homework.
- Serving as a general yoga reference, offering clarity and further discussion when needed.
- Learning is a personal journey, and we all progress at our own pace. Your primary teacher is there to support your growth by providing valuable insights and addressing any queries or uncertainties you may have.
We encourage you to nurture this mentorship relationship, as it can greatly enhance your yoga therapy journey. Your primary teacher is not just an instructor but a trusted partner who helps you navigate the intricacies of yoga practice and self-discovery.
The Optimal State Yoga Therapy Program offers a profound and multifaceted learning experience that sets it apart in the field of yoga therapy. Here's why someone would want to embark on this transformative journey:
- Comprehensive Curriculum: Our program is uniquely designed to bridge the ancient wisdom of yoga philosophy with modern scientific knowledge. We place a strong emphasis on the intersection of mental health, the autonomic nervous system, and the groundbreaking Polyvagal Theory. This integration extends into all aspects of mental and physical well-being.
- Mental Health Focus: In an increasingly stressful world, the demand for mental health support is paramount. Our program equips you with the skills to address a wide range of mental health concerns, including anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, and more, from both yogic and biomedical perspectives.
- Autonomic Nervous System Regulation: Understanding and regulating the autonomic nervous system is central to achieving optimal well-being. We delve deep into the intricacies of the autonomic nervous system, empowering you to help clients achieve balance and resilience.
- Polyvagal Theory Integration: The revolutionary Polyvagal Theory, developed by Stephen Porges, plays a pivotal role in our program. You'll learn how to apply this theory to support clients in regulating their nervous systems and improving mental health.
- Impact on the Physical Body: Mental health is intricately connected to physical well-being. Our program explores the profound impact that mental health has on the physical body. You'll learn to assess and address issues like chronic pain, musculoskeletal problems, and systemic health concerns from a holistic perspective.
- Expert Faculty: Benefit from the guidance of experienced teachers who are passionate about empowering you with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in the field of yoga therapy.
- Personal Growth: Beyond professional skills, our program fosters personal growth and self-discovery. As you help others on their healing journeys, you'll embark on your own transformational path.
- Inclusivity: We welcome students from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, fostering a rich and supportive learning environment.
- Flexible Learning: Our program offers both asynchronous and synchronous learning components, allowing you to tailor your studies to your schedule.
- Career Opportunities: Graduates of our program are well-equipped to embark on fulfilling careers as yoga therapists, health and wellness coaches, yoga teachers, and more. You'll have the tools to build a financially sustainable future.
- Mentoring and Support: Enjoy personal mentoring with primary teachers and become part of a supportive community dedicated to your growth and development.
- Continuing Education: The program qualifies for Continuing Education Credits (CEs), enhancing your professional credentials.
- Yoga Nidra Training: Complement your skills with training in Yoga Nidra, a powerful practice for promoting physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
- Global Community: Join a global community of like-minded individuals and facilitators who share your passion for yoga and holistic well-being.
- Embrace Tradition and Modernity: We seamlessly weave traditional yoga teachings with modern scientific advancements, making this program relevant and effective in today's world.
In summary, the Optimal State Yoga Therapy Program provides a unique and comprehensive approach to holistic well-being, with a strong focus on mental health, the autonomic nervous system, and the transformative impact these elements have on the physical body. It's the ideal choice for those seeking to make a profound difference in the lives of others while embarking on their own personal journey of growth and self-discovery.
The earnings of a yoga therapist can vary widely based on several factors, including location, experience, specialization, and the type of clients they serve. Here's a general overview of the factors that can influence a yoga therapist's income:
- Location: The geographical location plays a significant role in determining a yoga therapist's earnings. In areas with a higher cost of living or a strong demand for holistic health services, yoga therapists may command higher rates.
- Experience: Experienced yoga therapists who have been practicing for several years and have a solid client base often earn more than those who are just starting out.
- Specialization: Yoga therapists who specialize in specific areas such as mental health, chronic pain management, or working with specialized populations (e.g., athletes, seniors) may be able to charge higher fees due to their expertise.
- Client Base: The size and loyalty of a therapist's client base can significantly impact earnings. Those with a steady stream of clients who return for ongoing sessions may have a more stable income.
- Credentials: Having recognized credentials, such as certification from a reputable yoga therapy school or accreditation from a professional organization, can enhance a therapist's credibility and earning potential.
- Setting: Yoga therapists can work in various settings, including private practice, wellness centers, healthcare facilities, or offering online sessions. The setting can affect the therapist's income.
- Marketing and Business Skills: The ability to effectively market services and manage the business side of yoga therapy can also influence earnings. Skilled marketing and business strategies can help attract and retain clients.
It's important to note that yoga therapy is often seen as a complementary therapy, and earnings may not always be as high as those in more traditional healthcare professions. However, as holistic health and wellness continue to gain recognition and popularity, the demand for qualified yoga therapists is expected to grow.
As of 2022, the annual income for yoga therapists typically falls within the range of $47,000 to $80,000. On average, a full-time yoga therapist earns approximately $67,000 per year. This income level is notably higher than that of a full-time yoga teacher, which averages at around half the salary of a yoga therapist.
It's essential to keep in mind that these figures can vary based on the factors mentioned earlier, including location, experience, specialization, and client base. Yoga therapists who have developed expertise in specific areas and have a strong client following may earn incomes at the higher end of this range.
The demand for yoga therapy services has been on the rise as more people seek holistic approaches to health and well-being. This increasing demand, along with the unique skill set of yoga therapists, contributes to their competitive salaries within the field of holistic healthcare and wellness.
For the most up-to-date and region-specific information on yoga therapy salaries, it's recommended to consult industry reports, professional organizations, and local market data. Additionally, networking with experienced yoga therapists in your area can provide valuable insights into income expectations.
To be eligible for admission into the Optimal State Yoga Therapy Program, applicants are required to have completed a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification, or an equivalent qualification as determined by Amy Wheeler. If you do not possess a 200-hour certification, you have the option to enroll in our 200-hour yoga teacher training program just before commencing the yoga therapy program. This ensures that all students meet the necessary foundational requirements for entry into the Yoga Therapy Program.
The Optimal State Bridge Program is a 200-hour Therapeutic Yoga Teacher Training program. It is designed for individuals who wish to prepare for the comprehensive Yoga Therapy Program or for those entering the Yoga Therapy Program from a tradition other than T. Krishnamacharya. Even students who have previously completed a 200-hour training in the tradition of T. Krishnamacharya are welcome to participate in the bridge program, either before or during their Yoga Therapy studies. The program is available at no additional cost for students already accepted into the Optimal State Yoga Therapy Program. This program offers a flexible rolling enrollment start date beginning in October each year and includes both asynchronous and synchronous distance learning components. The synchronous portion convenes on Zoom every Monday from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM PST. It's important to note that the Bridge Program is separate from the Optimal State Yoga Therapy Program.
The amount of weekly homework varies depending on the program step:
Step 1 - Essential Framework and Community Days:
This step includes approximately 120 hours of homework over 12 months, translating to about 2-3 hours per week.
Step 2 - Mental Health 1-2-3:
Over the course of 9 months, this step involves around 60 hours of homework, with variable weekly requirements.
Step 3 - Physical Health 1-2-3:
Similarly, over 9 months, you can anticipate approximately 60 hours of homework, with variable weekly expectations.
Step 4 - The Professional Business Development Course:
This step requires about 60 hours of homework distributed over 11 months, equivalent to 4-5 hours per week.
Step 5 - Yoga Nidra:
For this step, you will engage in daily yoga nidra practice for 6 months and maintain a brief journal to document your experience. There is no final paper or thesis involved in this program. All homework is tracked with your mentor and organized well for ease of all involved.
The program is set up for flexibilty. Excused absences can be made up asynchronously by watching recordings and completing the homework and any mentoring hours.
To receive your certificate as an Optimal State Yoga Therapist, you'll need to fulfill the following:
✔ Master the comprehensive curriculum, completing all 862 hours of content.
✔ Attend a minimum of 603 hours to make the most of your learning experience.
✔ Seek approval for any absences and make-up work from the Program Director.
✔ Gain hands-on experience with 150 hours of practicum, leading client sessions.
✔ Benefit from one-on-one mentorship with your primary teacher for at least 30 hours.
✔ Cultivate a daily practice in the KYM tradition - asana, pranayama, or meditation (30 mins).
✔ Achieve at least 70% in quizzes, tests, and assigned homework to demonstrate progress.
✔ Keep fees up to date, ensuring a seamless journey through the program.
✔ Be punctual and attentive during class sessions - your active participation matters!
Join us on this transformative journey towards becoming a skilled and compassionate Yoga Therapist. Together, we'll build a solid foundation for your success!
An Optimal State Yoga Therapy graduate, upon certification, will possess a diverse skill set and knowledge base that opens up a wide range of career opportunities. Here are some potential career paths and roles that our graduates from Step 1-2-3-4-5-6 have pursued. Please keep in mind that some graduates have multiple degrees.
- Integrative Medicine Nurse: Integrating yoga therapy into nursing practice to promote holistic patient care and well-being.
- Yoga Therapist and Health Coach: Offering a combination of yoga therapy and health coaching to support clients in achieving their wellness goals.
- Private Practice for Yoga Therapy and Pilates: Providing personalized therapeutic sessions that incorporate both yoga therapy and Pilates for enhanced physical well-being.
- Private Practice Working with Sports Teams in High Schools: Offering yoga therapy services to high school sports teams to improve performance, prevent injuries, and enhance overall athletic well-being.
- Retreat Center Owner and Yoga Therapist: Managing a retreat center while offering yoga therapy programs to retreat participants for relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Bringing Yoga Therapy into Elementary Schools: Introducing yoga therapy programs into elementary schools to support children's mental and physical health.
- Bringing Yoga Therapy into Colleges and Universities: Providing yoga therapy services to college and university students to help manage stress and enhance overall well-being.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy and Life Coaching for CEOs: Offering a holistic approach to support CEOs in managing stress, improving leadership skills, and achieving work-life balance.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy and Life Coaching for People in Recovery: Assisting individuals in recovery by combining yoga therapy with life coaching to support their healing journey.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy and Life Coaching for Women in Menopause: Addressing the unique needs of women going through menopause by offering yoga therapy and life coaching.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy and Life Coaching for CEO Men with Chronic Health Issues: Supporting male executives dealing with chronic health conditions through a combination of yoga therapy and life coaching.
- Yoga Therapy Private Practice with Mothers of Special Needs Kids: Offering therapeutic support to mothers of children with special needs to help them manage stress and improve their well-being.
- Private Practice for People with Chronic Pain: Providing specialized yoga therapy services for individuals dealing with chronic pain conditions.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy and Life Coaching at a Chronic Pain Clinic: Collaborating with healthcare professionals in a chronic pain clinic to offer holistic pain management solutions.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy and Life Coaching for Anxiety and Depression: Combining yoga therapy and life coaching to assist clients in managing anxiety and depression.
- Yoga Program Director at a Community College: Overseeing and leading yoga programs and courses at a community college.
- Yoga Therapist at Recovery and Addiction Centers: Supporting individuals in recovery from addiction through yoga therapy.
- Yoga Therapist for American Cancer Society: Providing yoga therapy services to cancer patients and survivors to improve their quality of life.
- Yoga Therapist at a Physical Therapist Office: Collaborating with physical therapists to enhance patient recovery through yoga therapy.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy and Physician Assistant: Combining the role of a physician assistant with yoga therapy to offer comprehensive healthcare solutions.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy and Life Coaching and Occupational Therapy: Integrating occupational therapy, yoga therapy, and life coaching to support clients in various aspects of their lives.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy and Life Coaching for Recovery, Loss, and Grief: Assisting individuals in coping with loss and grief through yoga therapy and life coaching.
- Yoga Therapy Teacher Trainer: Educating and training future yoga therapists through teacher training programs.
- Yoga Therapy Clinical Researcher: Conducting research studies to advance the field of yoga therapy.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy and Life Coaching for Pregnancy and New Moms: Supporting pregnant women and new mothers in their physical and emotional well-being.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy and Life Coaching for Autoimmune Disease: Offering specialized yoga therapy and life coaching for individuals with autoimmune conditions.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy for Exercise Rehabilitation: Providing yoga therapy services for individuals recovering from injuries or surgery.
- Yoga Therapist and Yoga Teacher at a Community Center: Leading yoga therapy classes and programs at a community center.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy for Death and Dying: Supporting individuals and families facing end-of-life care through yoga therapy.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy and Life Coaching for the Elderly: Enhancing the well-being of elderly individuals through yoga therapy and life coaching.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy for Functional Mobility: Helping clients improve their functional mobility and physical health through yoga therapy.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy for Federal Government with Refugees: Offering yoga therapy services to refugees in collaboration with federal government programs.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy and Life Coaching for Neurodiversity: Providing support to individuals with neurodiverse conditions through yoga therapy and life coaching.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy and Life Coaching for Improving Mental Health in Teens: Assisting teenagers in enhancing their mental health and well-being through yoga therapy and life coaching.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy Workshops and Retreats: Hosting workshops and retreats focused on specific wellness topics.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy Retreats for Deep Rest and Yoga Nidra: Creating retreat experiences centered around deep relaxation and yoga nidra.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy for Weight Loss and Integrative Nutrition: Combining yoga therapy with integrative nutrition coaching to support clients in achieving their weight loss goals.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy Specializing in Stroke and Neurological Conditions: Offering specialized support for clients recovering from strokes and neurological disorders.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy Working for a High School in Resiliency for Staff and Students: Collaborating with high schools to promote resiliency among both staff and students.
- Private Practice Yoga Therapy Working for Healthcare Workers in Resiliency for Staff and Administration: Supporting healthcare professionals in building resilience and managing stress.
These diverse career paths showcase the versatility of an Optimal State Yoga Therapy graduate, who can make a significant impact on the well-being of individuals across various settings and populations.
Investing in the Optimal State Yoga Therapy Program is an exceptional opportunity that comes with a multitude of benefits and advantages, designed to enrich your personal and professional journey. Here's an expanded list of what you can expect to receive as part of this program:
Comprehensive Yoga Therapy Training: The program provides you with a thorough and comprehensive education in yoga therapy. It covers a wide range of topics, including mental health, autonomic nervous system regulation, polyvagal theory, and their impact on the physical body. This depth of knowledge equips you to address a variety of client needs effectively.
Mentorship and Personal Guidance: Throughout the program, you will benefit from personal mentoring with experienced yoga therapy professionals. This one-on-one guidance helps you develop your skills, gain confidence, and refine your therapeutic approach.
Highly Qualified Faculty: The program is led by a team of highly qualified and experienced faculty members who have decades of expertise in yoga and yoga therapy. You'll learn from experts who are deeply committed to your growth and success.
Flexible Learning: The program offers a flexible learning environment with both synchronous and asynchronous components. This flexibility allows you to balance your studies with other commitments, making it accessible for those with busy lifestyles.
Holistic Approach: You'll receive training in both ancient yogic traditions and modern scientific principles, ensuring a holistic understanding of yoga therapy. This approach prepares you to address the interconnectedness of mental and physical health.
Professional Development: The program includes a dedicated segment on professional business development, empowering you to build and sustain a successful yoga therapy practice. You'll learn how to market your services, maintain clients, and run an ethical business.
Community and Support: You'll become part of a supportive community of like-minded individuals and faculty members. This sense of community fosters personal growth, networking, and lifelong connections.
Continuing Education Credits: The program qualifies for Continuing Education Credits (CEs), allowing you to enhance your professional credentials and expand your career opportunities.
Certification: Upon completion of the program, you will receive certification as an Optimal State Yoga Therapist, recognized within the field of holistic health and wellness.
Higher Earning Potential: As of 2022, yoga therapists can earn an average annual income ranging from $47,000 to $80,000, with full-time yoga therapists earning around $67,000 per year. This program opens doors to a career with competitive earning potential.
Additional Benefits Unique to the Optimal State Training Program:
- Program Repeat Option: You have the unique privilege to come back and retake the entire program for free, reinforcing your knowledge and skills for continuous growth.
- 200-Hour Classical Yoga Teacher Training: As an added bonus, you'll receive a 200-hour classical yoga teacher training at no extra cost, expanding your expertise in traditional yoga practices.
- Personal Attention: Experience personalized guidance and mentorship from our dedicated mentors and program director. You'll receive the support you need to thrive in your studies.
- Homework Assessment: Your homework assignments will be carefully graded, and you'll receive personalized feedback to help you refine your skills and deepen your understanding.
- Individual 1-on-1 Mentoring: Gain invaluable insights and guidance through individual 1-on-1 mentoring sessions, specifically tailored to your case studies and practicum.
- Experienced Faculty: Learn from a faculty with decades of collective experience in the field of yoga therapy. Their wealth of knowledge will empower you to excel in your practice.
- Long-Standing Faculty Team: Our faculty members have been working together for over a decade, collaborating to develop and refine this training program, ensuring its excellence.
- Cyclical and Reinforced Curriculum: Unlike fragmented programs with random instructors, our curriculum is comprehensive, cyclical, and reinforced, offering a cohesive and structured learning experience.
- Signature Curriculum: Access a wealth of resources, including 15 manuals, hundreds of infographics and charts to use with your future clients, and a custom Mobile App designed to enhance your learning and support your clients effectively.
- Business Development: The program incorporates essential business development training, equipping you with the skills to market your services, maintain clients, and run a successful, ethical practice.
- Small Group Learning: Enjoy a small group learning environment that fosters close interactions with both faculty and fellow students, creating a tight-knit community for shared growth and support.
- Mental Health Neuroscience Focus: Delve deep into the fascinating realm of mental health neuroscience, gaining a comprehensive understanding of the autonomic nervous system, polyvagal theory, and their profound impact on mental and physical well-being.
By enrolling in the Optimal State Yoga Therapy Program, you are not only investing in a transformative educational journey but also gaining access to a wealth of resources, ongoing support, and the opportunity to become a highly skilled yoga therapist with a strong foundation in both classical yoga and modern mental health neuroscience. Your investment in this program is an investment in your future success and the well-being of those you will serve.